This district of Le Cannet grew dramatically at the end of the 19th and the beginning of the 20th century, the exploitation of its many quarries and lime kilns leading to an increase in its population. This situation preoccupied the Clergy: "(...) this village which is appearing cannot benefit from any religious assistance". The Sainte-Philomène Church was indeed a 45 min walk away. In view of this, a committee was formed in 1011, under the leadership of Abbot Bech, Mayor of Le Cannet, in order to build a church for "the moral good of the district". A plot of land was chosen in front of the stone quarry and the church was thus logically christened Saint Charles des Carrières (of the Quarries). On the 6th of May 1911 the first stone was laid, and 7 months later, on the 17th of December 1911, the church was officially inaugurated.

But with time, the largely catholic community of Rocheville became too numerous for the church. Abbot Galfré initiated its enlargement in 1940. The work began, and in order not to interrupt the people's worship, it was decided to build a new temple around the original one, which was not demolished immediately. Interrupted by the war, the construction was finished soon afterwards, in the fifties. The enlargement of the church was an impressive prowess and constituted a source of pride for many inhabitants, especially a certain Mr Simon who created the new building's dome.